The Blue Tiger
Welcome to the new afro-colonial treehouse of Thomas Lestelle and Liam Salter
From its outside deck at 30 ft. high, look out and visit the world.
... and travel along memories of Africa andAsia :
The Blue Tiger is much more than an ordinary treehouse.
It's a whole story
Let us take you to the beginning :
Our acknowledgement to all the people of the world who contributed to this unique treehouse
Step into a dream; step into a magic journey
Step into The Blue Tiger !
From the cobalt blue bedroom with itsTuareg accents and itsBurmese finery, you climb the curving stairway between the inside trees to reach the colonial African living room.
Then step out onto the deck, perched above the great forest, where the sky is no longer a limit.
Panoramic view, exotic atmosphere, and the perfect escape :
You've arrived at The Blue Tiger !
A kitchen tucked in between the branches where practicality and beauty come together to give you
a sense of freedom
... and a poetic bathroom where you shower on an open floor which reveals the greenery below !
What else ?
How about, above all ... a vacation !!!
Situated above a small, untamed valley, this secret hide-away is surprisingly close to numerous activities :
- A 28 km. bicycling path to Les Gorges d'Héric (waterfalls, hiking paths, and quality climbing)
- Kayaking for all levels on the river Orb
- 15 km. throough the mountain to theSentier des 1000Marches (wild pools and waterfalls)
- 20 km. to the vineyards of St. Chinian et Minerve (medieval town)
- 8 km. to St. Pons de Thomières ( traditionnal market, local market, and supermarket)
- 50 km. to Béziers and the Mediterranean beaches
- famous sites such as the Chateau de Carcassonne and the Cathar castles
- Summer festivals every weekend in nearby villages
- Contemporary art and Roman art museums, all in an hour's drive .
... not to mention the great GR7 hiking path and other paths at your doorstep !
An Ecological Guesthouse
The Blue Tiger offers :
- 1 Bedroom for two people
- 1 Fold-out sofa-bed for two
- All sheets and linens
- Continental breakfast free of charge (homemade bread
and homemade jams from our own fruit-trees)
- Other meals can occasionally be provided upon demand
As of August, 2020, another bedroom in a nearby tree will be available for 65 euros extra per night
Prices (for two people) :
- June and September:
145 euros per night
775 euros per week
- July and August :
175 euros per night
1085 euros per week
Supplément per extra adult : 15 euros
per extra child : 12 euros
Closed from October 1st toMai 30th
- ExcellentInternet connection
- Children as of 8 yrs.-old ; contact us before reserving
- The Tiger is unfortunately not accessible to pets
- Parking close to the Tiger: A 700 m dirt-road to the treehouse or parking on the side of the small local road
- Access for handicapped persons is very limited
The Blue tiger is an ecological guesthouse
- 100% solar energy
- Natural spring water swimming pool
Although they are hidden from each other, there are two guesthouses on the premises :
The Blue Tiger and The Nest of the Red Dragon
We try to organize so that each renter has a few private hours at the pool.
The Tiger and the Dragon (Thomas and Liam) speak French, English, Ilongo, and Spanish
We welcome people concerned with animal rights.
We refuse all people making racist, zenophobic, sexist, or homophobic remarks